SAIC is seeking a Web/UI Designer to support our customer in Arnold, MO. This role will join a multi-faceted team of Systems Admins, Governance, Product Owners, UX Researchers, and Web Developers to enhance customer websites, intranet, and applications. Candidate must be comfortable working in a team and utilizing user research to guide designs. Strong understanding of UX best practices.
Duties may include:
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and zero (0) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with CI poly
- Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.