SAIC has an opening for a Proposal Writer. This position is 100% remote.
Position Description: The Proposal Writer collaborates with SAIC experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations.
Description of Duties:
- Writes technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections.
- Leads resume and past performance volumes, providing direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Researches and collaborates with SAIC professionals on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field with 10+ years of expereince. Master's Degree with 8+ years of experience. Additional years' experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Comfortable analyzing and extracting requirements from Federal Government RFPs.
- Ability to organize information throughout the proposal life cycle.
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.