SAIC has an exciting opportunity for an Operational Security Specialist to fulfill the role of Indicium Security Officer in Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain physical security of lab(s)
- Change door and safe combos as required
- Update and maintain access lists
- Maintain safe inventory
- Ensure availability and completion of Standard Forms
- SF-701 – Safe open/close
- SF-702 – Daily checklists
- DA-1999 – Guest access lists
- Provide guidance and assistance with Army DEVCOM and MDA classified marking
- Provide assistance with shipping/receiving classified material including local courier and issuing and tracking DD Form 254
- Provide assistance with Visit Access Request (VARs)
- Assist with tracking and maintaining personnel VARs
- Maintain/track site POCs
- Develop, implement, disseminate, and brief security plans, procedures, and instructions
- Assist Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with RMF controls as required
- Develop, implement, and provide security awareness training for site personnel
- Establish and maintain working relationships with government and internal customers
- Conduct periodic self-inspection and review of security process to ensure compliance
- Enforce standards for a secure environment for the protection of personnel, property, and information
- Maintain inventory over classified information systems and controlled areas
- Work closely with the Physical Security office, DSS, and OPM investigators
- Destruction of Media
- Coordinate with personnel and on-site POCs for the destruction of classified media.
- Track and maintain relevant documentation related to the destruction.
- Physical job duties
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders and/or relocate equipment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in government/industrial security OR an Associate’s degree with 4 years of experience as FSO or DoD Security Professional (Military experience and other training may be accepted in lieu of degree)
Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret CLearance to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Clearance; US Citizenship required.
- Minimum of 3 year of government/industrial security experience as FSO or DoD Security Professional when combined with education listed below
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to implement and manage a comprehensive Security Program by knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures around shipping and receiving classified information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is a top priority
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products
- Demonstrated experience in the briefing of sensitive material to a varied audience
- Must share a commitment to maintaining a positive, collaborative work environment while simultaneously optimizing individual performance and contribution
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- NISP/NISPOM experience is a plus
- Experience with S3I facility security is a plus
- Experience with Redstone Arsenal security is a plus
- Knowledge of MDA hierarchy and leadership structure
- Availability to work infrequent nights or weekends
- Availability to travel infrequently for one week or less at a time
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.