SAIC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the design, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN networks and systems
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the development and maintenance of network system and service configurations
- Document and troubleshoot network and system issues
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation
- Test and evaluate network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements
- Assist with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools
- Assist the Event Operations Manager by providing network monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting during Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test events
- Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during MDA test events
- Travel to support various MDA test events
- While traveling, configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree, with 6 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Clearance; US Citizenship required
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
Required knowledge, skills and experiences:
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs or other cryptographic equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Travel for CONUS and OCONUS support (Up to 25% per year and up to 30 days at a time)
Desired knowledge, skills and experiences:
- Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, NetScout Pulse, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
- Familiar with multicast network configuration and operation
- Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP Phones and VTC Units
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.