SAIC is seeking a TACNET Sr. Network Engineer in San Diego, CA
Note: The position requires travel, up to 25% of the time to both CONUS and international locations in addition to occasional off-hours support. Also, this role allows for some remote work from home opportunities.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA)
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes.
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide network component break-fix to include, but not limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls, server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Active Top Secret-SCI clearance
- Current Security+ , CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Able to travel up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR server administration experience of Windows/Linux.
- Experience with ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS a plus!
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.