SAIC seeks a AFSIM Modeling and Simulation Analyst/Engineer to develop and analyze scenarios in AFSIM that tie in all domains of warfare under a Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) for key mission areas. There is a potential for some remote work along with reporting to an SAIC site, but the person has to be local to the following locations: DC metro area, Orlando (FL), Amherst (NY), Los Angeles (CA), Colorado Springs (CO), and Huntsville (AL).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies
- Developing multi-domain operations scenarios in AFSIM
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other relevant technical field and two (2) years or more of related experience.
- Two (2) years' experience in building and analyzing kill chains in AFSIM is required
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance is required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.