Join a high-performing Classified Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help execute & enhance Systems & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC’s most critical missions.
What our team does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant, converged systems supporting diverse applications and functions at multiple security levels across numerous customers and programs
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance objectives
- Maintains and enhances Government and organizationally-defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What you deliver:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in IC and DOD security frameworks, allowing you to bridge the gap between both current and planned security policies/requirements, technical/operational implementation of those requirements, and expert support to IT, IA, and Customer teammates.
- Successful integration, prioritization, and delivery of Security Engineering work items into planning efforts including Agile ceremonies, Program Reviews, Strategic discussions, and Tiger Teams.
- Complete assessments, recommendations, and implementation plans to bring together technically sound, cost-effective, operationally efficient solutions to compliance challenges.
- Expertise leading to the configuration and optimization of these solutions at multiple scales and operating models, and the knowledge to troubleshoot and debug issues as they occur within the deployments, updating all system SOPs and contributing to knowledge sharing and training accordingly.
- Expert contributions to a common design language and process/technical library, supporting the various security postures and Systems in our portfolio, current gaps, and challenges/opportunities based on your assessment of planned/future technical roadmaps and industry (IC/DOD) conditions.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 14+ years experience including engineering, implementing, and maintaining technology and operational compliance/security postures in support of ICD 503, NIST800-53, or other IC/DOD information systems.
- Work history in both Operations (Administration & Support) and Engineering (Designing/Implementing) roles supporting diverse technologies in Classified environments using RMF processes.
- Demonstrated Experience assessing and implementing technical and operational processes, procedures, and improvements in support of A&A compliance, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) or corresponding DoD 8570 IAT Tier III and IAM Tier III certifications required.
- Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly.
- Demonstrated history leading Service Improvement efforts and/or documenting and implementing process or procedural improvements across geographically dispersed teams.
- Work history in both technical (Systems Engineering, Administrator) and IA (ISSO/ISSM) roles supporting multiple technical domains.
- Experience recommending, collecting, maintaining, and providing both Localized and Enterprise-wide posture and readiness information e.g. Heatmaps, Dashboards, and Scorecards.
- Specialized certifications including but not limited to DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) or DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Experience with Cloud platform services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds) a plus.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Enjoys solving challenging problems well and simplifying complex Security, IA, Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME’s and resources external and internal. Make Security Engineering Fun!
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to initiate and appear on webcam in remote team meetings when available.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.