Job ID: 2110938
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer responsibilities may include the following:
• Processing hardware and software procurements requested by Developers through the Government’s IT procurement process
• Reviewing hardware and software lists to ensure conformance to approved architecture designs and acquisition guidelines
• Providing recommendations on alternative equipment, as required, to better conform to approved architecture designs, funding considerations, and long-term sustainability
• Coordinating with Finance to ensure funding is committed and transferred to support purchasing
• Tracking status of all IT service requests through the approval process and elevating issues to the Government for rapid mitigation
• Coordinating shipping of IT hardware to Developer and Government locations to ensure success receipt of products, short-term storage, and transportation to the appropriate data centers for installation
• Support to on-site hardware, network and software applications support teams to identify and elevate issues to the Government for rapid mitigation
• Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Bachelor's Degree with industry experience, significant customer experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• 9 years of experience in IT operations, IT architecture/engineering, or cloud design and implementation
• Knowledge of cloud development cycle, to include planning, project management, requirements development, delivery, and testing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint)
• Excellent communication skills (Email, IM, and Verbal)
• Resourceful, proactive self-starter and proven problem-solver
• Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
• Experience supporting NRO’s IT procurement processes
• Advanced degree in a related technical field
• AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate Certification
• FedRAMP, NIST and FISMA compliance, Federal procurement, security, and Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) processes
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.