SAIC is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport Towed Array Equipment Handing Facility (TAHEF) in Middletown, RI.
The primary work focus will involve assisting with maintenance, setup, breakdown, and repair of test equipment and test facility infrastructure.
- Provide general technical support for the TAHEF including facility maintenance, calibrations, equipment maintenance, upgrades, and modernization.
- Create, build, assemble, modify and/or repair electromechanical, and industrial equipment with minimal direction or intervention.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and selfdirected fashion.
- Must effectively communicate with team and customers, both verbally and through EMail.
- Must be willing and eager to learn from peers and senior technicians in order to learn the new roles and responsibilities.
- Tasking may include handling, tracking, storing, and use of hazardous materials used in the production, overhaul, repair and maintenance of TAHEF products.
- Tasking may include the operation of cranes and large machinery.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some technical training such as an associate’s degree or completion of a certificate program in a technical discipline or mechanical trade.
- 1-3 years of technician (or equivalent) experience.
- The candidate must be hard-working, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers.
- The candidate will receive training on the facility and operations but needs a mechanical aptitude, strong willingness to learn, and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.