SAIC has an opportunity for a Host Based Security System (HBSS)/Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS) Administrator located at MacDill AFB Tampa, FL. The HBSS/ESS Administrator specializes in the management and operations of a large enterprise environment in support of the USCENTCOM C4ES Program at MacDill HQ in Tampa.
The HBSS/ESS Administrator will perform the following activities:
- Monitor and troubleshoot system/application activity and performance.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Coordinate all work through the use of the designated ticketing system in use by the command.
- At the direction of the Server Maintenance Support - Application Services Support lead, coordinate routine as well as project based software or hardware preventive maintenance and upgrades while adhering to the USCENTCOM Change Management Process.
- Perform IT system administration (Windows) including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, security, STIGs, IAVAs, IA compliance, etc
- Analyze logs and policies to determine exceptions necessary to comply with TASKORD/OPORD while maintaining production capabilities across multiple domains and networks.
- Determine and communicate risk associated with implementation of new systems, program of records, hardware, firewall changes, etc
- Utilize knowledge of DoD/HBSS/ESS policies to assist in making security related decisions or guidance.
- Assist other system administrators to Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot system/application activity and performance.
- Support Information Assurance personnel to assure security architecture, design, and implementation is in accordance with DOD Regulations.
- Utilize knowledge of DoD/HBSS policies to assist in making security related decisions or guidance.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Supports security posture assessments.
- Understands current computer technologies and technical security requirements as applied to the design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks to sustain compliance with national and corporate policy as well as best practices.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Server Maintenance Support leadership.
- Active Top Secret/ SCI clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- IAT Level II certified (Security + CE)
- A minimum of 2+ years experience using Host Based Security Systems.
- DISA HBSS Administration Course
- Strong and broad understanding of HBSS/ESS applications to include VirusScan, Solidcore, HIPS, and DLP.
- Experience with implementation of polices and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and related software.
- Troubleshooting skills to be able to identify potentials problems on the domain.
- Thorough understanding with core Microsoft Products
- Knowledge of VMware virtual environments
- Basic networking knowledge
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.