SAIC has an immediate opening for a Linux Administrator supporting C4ES USCENTCOM. The position is based in Tampa, Florida.
- The Candidate will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Linux environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7, & 8
- Must be able to apply security hardness according to DISA STIG requirements
- Build, configure, and administrate Red Hat Satellite Server 6.x
- Be able to export/import Satellite repository from connected networks to multiple disconnected networks.
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy playbooks via the Red Hat Satellite Server
- Manage users and group accordingly
Other responsibilities include:
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
- Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
- Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
- Active Top Secret/ SCI clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- IAT Level II certified (Security + CE)
- Experience with Linux, Windows Server, VMware and Active Directory.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.