Job ID: 2111026
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· The developer will be responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of new or existing tools.
· Analyze and study complex system requirements.
· Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and management of implementation.
· Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted techniques and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools.
· Estimate software development costs and schedules.
· Review existing programs and assist with making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
· Review and supervise configuration management.
· Provide support for business system analysis and process definition.
· Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code for software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules using structured development processes.
· Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
· Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· Develop and/or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
· Provide technical solutions and assist in work estimates for implementation of both new requirements and bug fixes.
· Research, track and understand new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
· Confer with program managers and/or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
· Research, document, rate or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
· Maintain job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
· Independently work on routine assignments.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.