The Health and Fitness Specialist (HFS) provides assistance to site personnel with individual program development and instruction. The HFS works with a wellness team to plan and execute a comprehensive wellness program and provide fitness services to the site population.
- Support a balanced group fitness program that meets the needs of the population and follows industry trends
- Lead or assist in teaching fitness workshops or seminars as needed
- Enhance knowledge of exercise, body alignment and exercise safety to all gym users and class participants
- Provide and/or serve as substitute if primary instructor is unable to teach class
- Provide support to the planning, management, and continual evaluation of NRO Fitness programs and equipment
- Provide general nutritional guidance as necessary
- Provide individual fitness program design
- Contribute health and fitness articles to the Wellness Newsletter and other fitness-related reports/correspondence
- Perform administrative work to include familiarization tours of NRO fitness facilities, provide facility oversight and attend meetings
- Provide written, monthly activity reports to site GPOC for possible referral to corporate Headquarters
- Develop and maintain service/demand and performance metrics in coordination with site GPOC and corporate headquarters
- Nutrition coaching experience: evaluating a client’s nutritional needs, providing basic nutrition information following federal guidelines, ability to educate on nutrition issues, proactive on researching the effects of nutrition on health and fitness. Virginia Nutritionist Certification or Registered Dietician a plus.
- Wellness Program experience: Develop programs that educate the workforce on proper diet, exercise, stress management, and develop and support morale boosting events.
- Group exercise certification a plus.
Position is part time, hourly ($25 to $36 per hour) based on 20 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent and 3 years of relevant experience; or High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active certification in class discipline and/or certifications from Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (e.g. National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)), or equivalent in the field of health and fitness
- Active Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certifications
- TS/SCI clearance and Poly required (or be able to obtain)
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work collaboratively with various enterprise customers, stakeholders, and corporate headquarters managers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Ability to instruct a safe, effective and multi-level class for various group exercise programs and activities if called upon to substitute for a primary instructor
- Knowledge of principles of exercise physiology
- Thorough knowledge of functionality of relevant fitness equipment
- Thorough knowledge of current industry trends and standards in exercise protocols, fitness programming, equipment standards
- Ability to analyze customer needs and deliver appropriate assistance
- Experience to work with customers at all fitness skill levels
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.