SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA. The candidate will assist with the scheduling, coordination and assistance with developing system engineering and acquisition documentation for Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Provide technical and acquisition assistance for Programs of record.
- Schedule and attend system engineering meetings and conferences.
- Identify and streamline workflows
- Support the development and review of engineering and acquisition documentation while adhering to government guidance for strategy, planning, documentation, and implementation
- Provide support that follows industry standards including integration policies and documentation.
- Work proficiently on complex technical problems and seek solutions for consideration.
- Work to define system integration onto manned and unmanned vehicles; specifically system interoperability requirements. This will require refinement of system architecture(s) to meet operability needs on manned and unmanned vessels.
- Conduct system engineering activities based on sound engineering practices, fleet experience and acquisition feasibility.
- Assist in the investigation of engineering solutions related to installation, functionality, and configuration related issues to determine root cause and assist with developing fixes
Required Education & Experience:
Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelors and 7 years or more experience; Masters and 5 years or more experience; PhD and 2 years related experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degrees.
- Understanding of PEO C4I / NAVWAR organization structure, programs of records and mission focus.
- Basic familiarity of PoR, DOD, U.S. Navy acquisition documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate both independently and without direct supervision and in a collaborative software development lab environment
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C4I systems
- Prior Military (Navy) experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.