SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in our King George/Dahlgren VA office in support of Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren on programs to include Nulka and the Soft Kill Coordination System (SKCS). This role does allow for some telework options.
- Provide software development in an Agile environment
- Provide software coding in a Unix/Linux environment and unit testing of software configuration end items
- Software design and design maintenance, including design for new requirements and requirements changes and maintaining design traceability and design documentation
- Design and maintain code using MagicDraw
- Maintain Software Development Plan (SDP)
- In coordination with the Government led development team complete periodic, incremental software builds including updates to requirements, design, code, test and formal reviews
- Participate in daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and ad-hoc meetings as required, address action items as assigned; provide status and recommendations on issues under scope of work
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree or higher from an accredited university in engineering, computer/software engineering, computer science or other technical competency and 5 years or more experience. Operational military experience in the systems mentioned below may be substituted for a degree.
- Five years of experience of software design, development and engineering.
- Three years of experience with Navy or other Armed Services programs and/or systems.
- Experience developing in C++ in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in support of Agile development programs
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret clearance prior to start date and Secret clearance once on board
- Experience/familiarity with Nulka or SKCS
- Naval Combat/Weapon Systems Experience
- Experience coding a in support of Combat/Weapon Systems
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.