SAIC has contingent job opportunities for a Tier II Instructor to support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) program under the US Navy. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2022.
The Tier II Instructor provides instruction for Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) training programs.
- Instruction and technical training for operations and / or maintenance of Aegis Combat system, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), SQQ-89, Tactical Data Links, and other systems that can be used in the ships Combat Information Center (CIC).
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives. Assignments may include needs analysis, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, evaluation and learning assessments of instruction and curriculum, supporting development and evaluation of technical docs and pubs.
- Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content.
- Assists and supports creation of course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed. May require support to administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches.
- May support the evaluation and/or oversight of contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer instructor-lead training teams and programs.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School and at least 5 (five) years of relevant experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience (including education) with the required system or process as either a maintenance tech supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- One (1) year experience out of the 5 years must include experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Active Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.