Job ID: 2110855
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support the mission areas of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) – Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC) Integrated Systems Solutions (ISS) Branch. The scope of work for the position includes modeling and simulation, software design and development, integration of tactical and simulation systems, and experimentation and analysis support for Advanced Prototyping Engineering and Experimentation (APEX) Lab, the Integrated Collaborative Environment (ICE), and the Force Protection Lab (FPL). The candidate will work in a collaborative agile team environment consisting of defense industry contractors and U.S. Government personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Facilitate the integration of live, virtual, and constructive simulations, image generators, data loggers and viewers, and battle command systems using cutting-edge virtualization technologies
- Implement conceptual models developed by subject matter experts into simulations such as OneSAF and IDEEAS with the need to understand the capabilities of the systems being modeled and the capabilities of the simulations used to model the systems
- Support short and long haul cross-domain experimentation and exercises by preparing and integrating the required federates within a federation
- Plan and execute modeling and simulation systems development projects
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS, MS, or PhD degree with five (5) years or more of demonstrated experience in modeling and simulation, engineering, or software design and development
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidate must have an active interim SECRET or higher security clearance and must be able to obtain a SECRET or higher security clearance
- Experience with force-on-force battlefield environment simulations such as OneSAF, EADSIM, or similar
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools and image generators such as the MAK Data Logger, VBS3, and NVIG
- Experience with battle command systems such as FBCB2, CPOF, TIGR, and JBC-P
- Experience with complex battlefield scenario development
- Mid- to high-level programming experience with Java, C++, or C#
Baseline information assurance (IA) certification requirements for an IAT Level II position per DoD 8570.01-M (Security+, Computing Environment)
- Experience with the VMware DvSphere Suite of products
- Experience with performing terrain database development using TerraTools, Terra Vista, and/or RUGUD
- Familiarity with VDI design, implementation, and administration, linked-clones, updating images, composer operations, templates, folder redirection or roaming profiles, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell or other advanced scripting languages
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.