Job ID: 2110845
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator in Huntsville, AL to support the mission areas of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) – Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC) Integrated Systems Solutions (ISS) Branch. The scope of work for the position includes senior-level system administration support for the projects and activities of ISS Branch managed resources such as the Advanced Prototyping Engineering and Experimentation (APEX) Lab, the Integrated Collaborative Environment (ICE), and the Force Protection Lab (FPL). The candidate will work in a collaborative team environment consisting of defense industry contractors and U.S. Government personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance and system administration, provisioning, and upgrades for operating systems, applications, workstations, firewalls, networks, and servers ensuring compliance with established standards and policies
- Coordinate, direct, and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Plan and implement the modernization of servers
- Analyze customer requirements and translate them into architecture designs and technical solutions leveraging physical hardware, virtualization, and private cloud technologies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in a related field with five (5) years or more demonstrated experience in information technology (IT) and/ or system administration; Masters degree and three (3) years of related experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidate must have an active SECRET or higher security clearance. An active interim SECRET security clearance is acceptable, but the candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Must meet baseline information assurance (IA) certification requirements for an IAT Level II position per DoD 8570.01-M (Security+, Computing Environment)
- Installation, configuration, and advanced troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019)
- Experience with design, implementation, and operations of server and/or virtualization technologies
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)/Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Installation, configuration, and advanced troubleshooting experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS)
- Experience with the VMware vSphere Suite of products
- Familiar with VDI design, implementation, and administration, linked-clones, updating images, composer operations, templates, folder redirection or roaming profiles, etc.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as vLAN tagging, subnetting, routing, link aggregates, LACP, trunking, etc.
- Experience working with PowerShell scripts or other advanced scripting experience
- Familiar with creating, monitoring, and troubleshooting backup jobs
- Hands-on server management in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Hands-on experience implementing DoD PKI (ActiveClient, certificate authorities, etc.)
- Hands-on network administration experience with Cisco network components, network, and endpoint security solutions
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD Guidance, STIG compliance, DITSCAP, DIACAP, NIACAP, NIST RMF, eMASS, and DoD Authorization and Assessment processes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.