Job ID: 2110969
Location: SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Modeling & Simulation Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at San Bernardino, California 92408.
Commit your years of experience to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States ICBM. The Minuteman III weapon system was first fielded in1962, and has been upgraded in various stages over the life of the program to maintain system capability. SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III, and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system accuracy performance requirements are achieved. SAIC provides engineering support (Advisory & Assistance services) as part of a multi-command, multi-contractor team. SAIC is seeking an engineer with a background in aerospace/aeronautics, specifically in flight testing, to include flight instrumentation, telemetry, flight termination, and range operations. Don’t miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and sustainment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Define, analyze, and review results from model simulations
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that predict pre-flight performance under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight conditions
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that analyze post-flight data to break-out sub-system errors, e.g. guidance hardware, software, targeting, survey, reentry, etc.
• Develop, modify, and maintain trajectory processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test data to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET)
• Update models based on designs, test results, and other data
• Develop, modify, and maintain hazards assessment tools to evaluate probability of impact and expected casualties from off-nominal and failure modes
• Prepare presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to analyses performed
Education and Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.