- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented.
- SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Receives assignments in the form of specific tasks for the work to be completed.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives and schedules.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- IMPACT: Contributes to completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs
- LIASON: Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the group.
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 0 years related experience
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have active TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.