SAIC has an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator supporting a DoD contract located in Reston, VA.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Experience maintaining and patching systems within a closed network environment
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Periodically assist with DevOps and SecDevOps processes.
- Assist in creating and maintaining programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
- Provide assistance in managing and documenting system configurations
- Deploy product/solution in support of a DoD contract in capacity of systems administrator.
- Participate in test coordination and oversight for all applications and systems supported by the program
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration of hardware peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of related experience; 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments
- Proven skills working in multi-flavored environment (e.g., Windows, RHEL, CentOS, Debian)
- Knowledge of Cloud based environment (e.g., servers and endpoints)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware 6x, Docker, OpenShift 4x)
- Managing Network File System (NFS) in Red Hat OpenShift 4x environment
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Solid networking knowledge (Cisco, OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience managing NFS storage within a cloud environment (e.g., Nutanix, Prism, VMware 6x)
- Knowledge with monitoring systems (ElasticSearch, Splunk)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Experience managing Single Sign-On using tools like AD/LDAP/SAML/OIDC
- Knowledge of the following tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Cloud based server stack (e.g., Nutanix, Dell, HP)
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret level clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.