About the Position: SAIC is hiring a Lead Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL to work with the program manger to lead the MJAT program. In this role you will be managing the technical requirements for the MJAT Family of Systems (which includes a mix of hardware, software and network components across a family of 5 primary systems), and working with the program manger & deputy program manager on managing projects/timelines for development and fielding of new capabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone with an engineering background who can provide technical oversight, who also enjoys managing projects, and interfacing with the customer and technical teams.
About the Program: The MALET-JSIL Aircrew Trainer (MJAT) is a plug-and-play training capability that converts a current tactical MQ-9 Reaper ground control station (GCS) into a training simulator. The program also supports fully stand alone trainers and training enhancement through the use of linked simulation. This is a government run program through the Joint Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) in Huntsville, AL supporting the US Air Force MQ-9 program office at Wright Patterson AFB.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the technical requirements for the MJAT Family of Systems. This includes a mix of hardware, software and network components across a family of 5 primary systems.
Work with the program manger and deputy program manager on timelines for development and fielding of new capabilities.
Work with the program manger to develop budgets and spend plans for new hardware.
Provide oversight of the change control process and work with production manager on post development engineering.
Work with US Air Force MQ-9 Program Office on the future architecture of the simulator and ensuring the entire engineering/integration/production staff understand the roadmap and where each project fits.
- A BS or BE degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline.
- 10 Years of Engineering experience, with previous experience as Systems Engineer working the requirements for a multi-disciplinary system.
- Experience interfacing government customers, and interfacing between technical teams.
- Experience reviewing technical documentation and reviewing technical drawings.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- 5 years of government engineering or government contract engineering experience
- 3 years of engineering management experience.
- Experience working within the DOD acquisition framework.
- Prior experience supporting Aviation/flight simulators and/or UAV aviation.
- Previous experience with Agile/SCRUM software development processes. Preferably a Product Owner using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.