SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer II to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
The Crane, IN office has need of technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, In-Service Engineer Agents (ISEAs), task lead, end users, and other departments.
NOTE: This is primarily a remote/telework/work from home position with periodic onsite visits with customers/staff at our Crane, IN location. Travel is up to 25% of the time.
- Developing high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow, as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers and end user's needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals and ordnance directives.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data.
- Manipulating graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Editing and reviewing rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Ensuring technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing with technical writers, multimedia personnel, ISEAs, customers, and experienced government team.
- Performing clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and seven (7) years’ experience; OR Associates and five (5) years’ experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related experience.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flow charts, and to format/layout text.
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience with MIL-STDs and GPO Style Manual.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Ability to multitask and work with strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Capable of managing several different tasks from various requestors.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting, and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs, and other available sources.
- Possess attention to detail and ability to edit documents for technical accuracy.
- Ability to make recommendations and answer questions to customers.
- Work overtime at approximately 20%.
- Proficient with Microsoft products to include: Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new software.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts.
- Experience with Adobe products to include: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience with NAVSEA style manuals and specifications.
- Experience with iPDM.
- Experience with S1000D.
- Experience with Arbortext.
- Experience with VULCAN.
- Experience with provisioning data.
- Experience with configuration management.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.