SAIC and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. SAIC is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
This is a 100% Remote role.
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to support project management activities across a broad spectrum of Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) projects.
Duties to include
- Collaborate with third-party software development vendors, stakeholders, and business customers to manage the development and sustainment of IT products and services under a software development Product Line
- Lead efforts to organize the Product Line according to SAFe principals and coach stakeholders on SAFe adoption
- Analyze IT and business operating environment, processes, activities, and customer needs to identify risks and deficiencies, define requirements, and offer solutions for improving processes and overall performance
- Develop and implement a stakeholder management, organization, and communication plan
- Oversee execution of acquisition management plan and budget operating plan
- Recommend proactive solutions and analysis of alternatives to VA Product Managers
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints
- Represent the VA Product Manager in meetings that he cannot attend and speak to issues on his behalf
- Coordinate and track action items assigned to the Product Manager and drive them to closure on his behalf
- Develop executive-level responses to external data calls and information requests
- Conduct research on problem areas and special topics
- Coordinate with and delegate tasks to the PMO Support Team
- Perform basic tasks including response to data calls, development of executive communication, schedule management, and risk management
- Translate technical information from disparate sources into executive-level communications.
- Maintain knowledge of VA rules and regulations.
- Facilitate executive-level virtual meetings; prepare meeting agenda, capture meeting minutes, and track outcomes and action items
- Work proactively and independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Plan, monitor, and control relevant tasks outlined in the contract and statement of work
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a related field(s).
- Note that 8 years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
- Experience providing program/project management support to a government client.
- Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide oversight and guidance to VIP/project management process compliance specialists on Critical Decision (CD) project management accountability activities and procedures.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust with Veterans Affairs
- Experience supporting the VA
- PMP or SAFe Certification
- Prefer someone with 10+ years of relevant project experience
- Experience with IBM Rational Tools Suite
- Familiarity with VA OIT Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) Knowledge of and success performing in a role within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government environment
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.