Job ID: 2110527
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2021
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC currently has a job opening for a Lead Buyer, Supply Chain & Materials Purchasing role is directly supporting day-to-day operations of the Federal Civilian and National Security Group. Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impacts on Material Purchasing Team success. Makes significant improvements across multiple areas and programs contributing to successful execution of materials purchasing to ensure products are delivered on time and represent the best value for SAIC and its customers. Assists with supplier communications, procurement reviews, negotiations of terms and conditions, and program procurement coordination activities. Will possess knowledge of FAR and DFAR and other federal procurement regulations. Responsible for day-to-day support of team members, and work assignments for the Materials Purchasing function. Assists with employee training and growth.
Required Education and Experience:
· BA/BS and eight (8) years or more of equivalent experience; Or Masters and six (6) years or more experience; Or PhD and 0 years related experience.
· Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations. Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR and DFAR requirements.
· Ability to prepare, lead, and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to work effectively with others within the team and collaborate cross-functionally.
· Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Understanding of cost/price analysis concepts and be able to implement on complex supplier proposals and agreements.
· Previous use of CostPoint in a Procurement setting.
· Deep domain of Federal Acquisition Regulation for commercial items.
· Previous experience leading a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· Previous experience with Federal, municipal and commercial contracts.
· Previous experience in negotiating terms and conditions.
· Previous experience in purchasing computer hardware and software, including negotiation end user license agreements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.