SAIC is seeking a Senior Business Process Analyst responsible for the formulation and implementation of information technology policy, governance, and compliance in support of the Chief Information Officer.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support for the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) regarding information technology (IT) system compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and Joint Staff policies via the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) process.
- Analyze IT system architectures, cybersecurity and other documentation required for enabling information exchanges within the USCENTCOM IT Enterprise.
- Provide input and updates to USCENTCOM policies concerning CIO responsibilities, such as the Command's Integrated IT Management regulation.
- Coordinate with Program Management Offices, USCENTCOM Component Commands, and other Mission Partners (Coalition, Service, Combat Support Agencies, and other Federal Agencies) involved in introducing IT systems into the USCENTCOM Headquarters and Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Prepare executive level briefings, reports and staff packages regarding CIO support areas and utilize the Command's tasker management tool (TMT) for staff coordination.
- Attend working groups and meetings in order to discuss CIO topics and provide GRC awareness briefs as needed.
- Other CIO Support tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- Nine+ years of experience demonstrating creative and critical thinking skills to resolve complex CIO and telecommunications issues.
- Familiar with Legislative, DoD and Joint Staff policies concerning responsibilities of the CIO for IT management, including but not limited to, Clinger Cohen Act (CCA), DoDD 8000.01 Management of the DoD Information Enterprise, DoD 5000 series and DoDI 8510 Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Able to understand complex CIO topics within the USCENTCOM IT Enterprise and translate to all levels of leadership.
- Understanding of government, military, and joint environments and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint.
- ITIL V4 certification
- Joint Military Information Technology experience, preferably at the combatant command or component command level.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.