SAIC is seeking a Network Security Engineer to support our efforts in Vicksburg, MS that aligns to the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program.
- As technical expert with complete latitude in day-to-day decision-making, provides continuous improvement to the USACE OCIO/G-6 IM/IT enterprise-level data, voice, and video WAN, MAN, LAN, wireless, and VPN network communications, environments, services and infrastructure in CONUS and OCONUS locations, by troubleshooting, evaluating, and improving capabilities from a security perspective.
- Provides and maintains SOC capability as part of a NOSC IAW DoD Instruction 8530.01 and Army Regulation 25-1.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses during the network life cycle, and uses configurations that ensure highest security IAW all applicable Federal and DoD regulations and standards, while defining and implementing controls to facilitate this compliance.
- Ensures continuous (24/7) network incident detection, management, and response, as well as network security functions and problem resolution.
- Manages network installs, upgrades, moves, additions, changes, and de-installs as needed.
- Implements secure, two-factor authentication VPN services to support GFE access to all services in the environment from outside the CorpsNet, from USACE-provided personal computers, and from mobile devices.
- Ensures that all Internet services are from a Trusted Internet Connection Access Point or Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Services solution, and identifies proper encryption.
- Creates documentation and artifacts required to support accreditations/inspections for networks.
- Reviews security audit logs and responds accordingly.
- Documents and reports security-related incidents to the appropriate authorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree and 5 years of experience
- Familiar with RMF/NIST practices and processes, particularly NIST 800-53
- FISMA auditing
- Primary emphasis on POAM
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.