We are currently seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Java Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- Develop and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present solutions at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years of technical experience
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC
- Hibernate, JPA
- JSON, XML
- Unix/ Linux
- HTML, CSS
- Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly scalable software components
- Must have recent hands-on developing experience.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Webservices, SOAP, REST
- Java Web Containers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- React, TypeScript, Angular/AngularJS
- Developing 100% automated unit tests
- Agile development approach
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git, Gradle, Maven)
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.