Job ID: 2110549
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Metrics and Data
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
Seeking a Data Governance General Analyst to work on Enterprise Data Governance. The candidate will be part of a team that will collect and evaluate business and technical requirements, create Data Governance Policies and Procedures, configure the Catalog and Glossary system, develop and test enterprise data governance solutions.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to the following:
• Effectively interact with various stakeholders to understand business needs and supporting data & process requirements.
• Perform data profiling and database structure analysis to understand relevant data elements along with their definitions and use.
• Document and maintain data standards, partnering with functional and business data owners to map existing data structures, usage, and standard definitions.
• Perform business analysis tasks such as documenting process maps, analyzing process challenges & issues, and recommending target state features. Ensure all requirements align with enterprise data governance standards.
• Document findings and present the results of analyses.
• Manage client’s business glossary and data catalog for data attributes, log data and process issues, perform data analysis, design, definition, and profiling.
• Onboard Data Stewards required to execute client data governance strategy successfully.
• Deliver data quality metrics and insights through reports, presentations & interactive dashboards to drive governance strategy. Ensure all requirements align with enterprise data governance standards.
• Evaluate new data sources and subsequent onboarding of the data on the governance framework.
• Technical knowledge and experience in data management, data quality, and data governance
• Professional development experience with and knowledge of relational databases and enterprise data warehouses, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other standard RDBMS. Also, experience in visualization tool like PowerBI.
• Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload to work under pressure handling multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
• Strong analytical and oral, and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and shifting priorities.
• Understanding of Data Lineage. Exploration of systems, tables, and columns to build Source to Target Data Mappings documents.
• Experience gathering Data Quality requirements from Source systems SMEs.
Work Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• U.S. Citizen required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.