Job ID: 2110548
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Metrics and Data
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an opening for a Reporting, Analytics, and Visualization Expert. This is a remote position.
The Reporting, Analytics, and Visualization Expert will work closely with functional areas and data analysts to interpret requirements into consumable visualizations and analytics. They will work to create new reports, enhance reports and fix defects. The report writer will need to communicate with the engineering team on requirements that may need to be added to a Data Warehouse (DW) model for reporting.
• Experience in Microsoft Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI Service, Power BI Desktop, Microsoft Excel Pivot Table, and data models to gather information from multiple sources and deliver information to the end user.
• Proficiency with DAX skills and the ability to create and troubleshoot complex calculations and measures.
• Develop business logic using DAX to provide custom functionality in Power BI Applications.
• Model data using DAX, Power Query according to business requirements.
• Built Measures in tabular model using DAX queries and created partitions in tabular model.
• Work on DAX functions to generate calculated measures and columns, compute tables, and custom business logics in Power BI. Troubleshoot and created complex calculations using DAX.
• Experience with using Microsoft Power BI for the creation of dashboards, standard reports, and ad-hoc reports.
• Excellent back-end skills in creating SQL objects such as Tables, Complex Stored Procedures, User- defined Functions, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Joining, and system function.
• Experience in SQL Performance Tuning to optimize slow running queries.
• Experience in creating complex (SSIS) packages for ETL purposes. Performed data migration from various type of sources (Excel, Flat File, CSV, XML, OLTP DB, etc.), Data Conversions, Data Extraction/Transformation/Loading (ETL) using SSIS and SQL scripts.
• Experience in designing and developing a considerable number of reports in SSRS using the data from ETL Loads.
• Proficient in developing Drill-through and Drill-down reports, Parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports, Matrix reports, and Chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Proficient knowledge in data marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), SSAS Tabular/Cubes, Star Schema modeling, and Snowflake modeling for Fact and Dimension tables
Required Education and Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.