Job ID: 2110701
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Systems Reliability Engineer to join our leading-edge team whose mission is to deliver solutions that enable the modernization and transformation efforts of our customers’ Cloud systems and applications. Key service delivery concepts include Cloud Leadership, Cloud Advisory and Enablement, Cloud Services, and Cloud Support that enable efficient and effective business operations.
Manage, support and maintain a reliable environment for the site in order to ensure the stability and security of multiple systems/platforms that are run or operated in that environment. Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Oversee the development of more robust systems for by building a resilient infrastructure. Build in redundancy, implement monitoring tools, and automate wherever possible and reduce toil by scripting routine tasks and automating self-repair.
• Experience in developing and managing Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for production systems
• Demonstrated experience in managing incident response teams (i.e., triaging, prioritizing and troubleshooting), detailing root cause analysis (RCAs), corrective actions and leading postmortems
• Experience in developing operational playbooks/runbooks, and disaster recovery testing
• Experience with reviewing system design and architecture documentation and preparing materials addressing security controls
• Experience working across product development teams to understand program goals
• Experience establishing or working with ‘help desk’ type ticket tracking and similar support processes
• Extensive experience with monitoring tools (e.g., Sysdig, New Relic, Twistlock, Splunk, etc.,) and understanding and expertise to automate alerting functions
• 3+ years of experience with Linux and Windows OS
• 2+ years of experience with DevOps/DevSecOps through CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins
• 2+ years of experience with Jenkins and Github / Git / Gitflow
• 1+ year of experience with Docker and Containers
• 2+ years of experience with Agile development
• 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Packer
• 2+ year of experience with AWS services: EC2, RDS, Secrets Manager, IAM, etc.
• 2+ years of experience with troubleshooting applications and testing automation (e.g., Selenium)
• 1+ year of experience analyzing observability metrics, logs, traces
• BA or BS degree
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer- Professional
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.