Job ID: 2110700
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join our leading-edge team whose mission is to deliver solutions that enable the modernization and transformation efforts of our customers’ Cloud systems and applications. Key service delivery concepts include Cloud Leadership, Cloud Advisory and Enablement, Cloud Services, and Cloud Support that enable efficient and effective business operations.
Design, deploy, operate, and maintain secure Cloud products and services within a Cloud-based environment to enable development teams to deliver features in the most efficient way possible. Leverage an automated process to mitigate security vulnerabilities in the environment by working with the ISSO team to triage security vulnerabilities and planning mitigation activities, including but not limited to OS patching. Coordinate with a team of Cloud and DevOps engineers to help tenants realize value through product offerings and operations.
• The DevOps Engineer requires minimum of 10 years of programming experience o Includes 5+ years of experience in working within software engineer team who leveraged DevOps with development o Includes 5+ years of experience in at least two of the following fields in information security, computer or information science or related fields
• Experience using a wide variety of open source and COTS technologies and tools
• Experience in providing Analysis of Alternatives for tools and capabilities from various on premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources
• Experience in managing a Platform-as-a-Service environment (i.e., create blueprints,provision, maintain, upgrade and track inventory)
• Solid understanding of and experience implementing and integrating CI/CD Tools from the ground up, such as Atlassian (JIRA and Confluence), Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Selenium, SonarQube, Gatling, JMeter, JUnit, AMP, aChecker, Jaws, Netsparker, OWASP ZAP, Tenable Nessus, Splunk, Prometheus, CloudWatch, New Relic, Grafana o Includes experience with Docker containerized application deployment and monitoring, cluster management
• Strong background working in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture Teams
• Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, Application Programming Interfaces
• Experience working in a High Availability environment with 99.99%+ uptime
• Strong background in Amazon Web Service (AWS), MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB Apache, NGINX, PHP
• Comfortable writing deployment scripts in languages such as Python, Shell, AWS Cloud Formation, Groovy, and Golang
• Experience with systems and IT operations
• Comfort with automated, frequent, incremental code testing and deployment as part of a set of mature DevOps practices
• Strong grasp of automation tools (e.g., Cloudwatch, Lamdba, GitOps, Cloud Formation, etc.,)
• A strong focus on achieving value for business objectives
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Strong analytical, communication, and decision-making skills. Proficiency in a variety of computer programs and applications including VMWare, Windows, Linux, Oracle and Solaris.
• BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.