Job ID: 2110681
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Lead Cloud Architect to join our leading-edge team whose mission is to deliver solutions that enable the modernization and transformation efforts of our customers’ Cloud systems and applications. Key service delivery concepts include Cloud Leadership, Cloud Advisory and Enablement, Cloud Services, and Cloud Support that enable efficient and effective business operations.
The Lead Cloud Architect will develop the current and target state architecture, Future Vision and migration path for the customers products, services, and overall Ecosystem. Responsible for ensuring program increment (PI) objectives line up with the path to target state. Interfaces with senior clients, tenants, and technical staff to determine the recommended cloud strategy.
• 15+ years’ experience in one or more architecture domains (e.g. business architecture,
• Experience in managing large operational cloud environments spanning multiple tenants through techniques such as Multi-Account management, AWS Well Architected Best Practices, OU/SCP, etc.
• Experience defining the architecture of cloud deployed applications
• Experienced with driving ongoing improvements in cost efficiencies such as purchase of Reserved Instance/Savings Plans aligned to resources consumption, review of AWS Trusted Advisor, etc.
• Expertise in service-oriented architecture, web services, and Application Programming Interfaces
• Experience with how containerized is performed with applications. Able to advise on the best forms of developing containerized application. (i.e., Docker, Rocket, etc.,)
• Experience with how container organization works and how the application needs to be Architecture to take advantage of that (Kubernetes, Universal Control Plane UCP, etc.,)
• Experience defining and driving SecDevOps best practices (e.g., IaC, CI/CD) within large teams
• Experience establishing legacy modernization and migration roadmaps for large scale applications
• Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with minimal direction
• BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
• Masters’ Degree preferred or Bachelor's level degree with equivalent years of work experience.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level
• Relevant Kubernetes Certification
• Relevant Agile Certification
• Relevant Security Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.