We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Backend Developer to join our team begin an exciting and challenging career. The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems. The senior developer will use Java, SQL and Oracle to design, develop, test and maintain data services (SOAP/REST).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write client services utilizing an enterprise search RESTful service.
- Solve highly technical software development issues.
- Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a java back end application involving extensive messaging and transaction processing
- Responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement and working with/mentoring junior team members
- The candidate will be expected to learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other AGILE practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team
- The candidate is expected to diagnose and fix issues in existing application components as part of maintenance
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more technical experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- BS Degree in a related technical fields (Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
- 5+ years of strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
- Application development using Spring Boot framework
- Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with Enterprise Search Technolohird (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or others)
- Experience with Java applications development using XA transactions and Spring Boot framework
- Experience deploying and managing application in Docker environment
- First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
- Prior experience with Caching, Clustering, Distributed Computing
- Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
- Prior experience of working in field of entity resolution or analytics
- Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
- First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
- Ability to develop and maintain components with stringent performance requirements
- Agile development experience a plus
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.