We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Backend Developer to join our team begin an exciting and challenging career.
The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems.
The senior developer will use, PL/SQL and Oracle to design, develop, test, maintain data services and migration to AWS cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solve highly techinal software development issues.
- Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a PL/SQL back end application involving extensive messaging and transaction processing
- Responsible for developing and testing PL/SQL as dictated by project requirement and working with/mentoring junior team members
- The candidate will be expected to learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other AGILE practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team
- The candidate is expected to diagnose and fix issues in existing application components as part of maintenance
- The candidate will be expected Interface with internal and external clients for Business requirements
- This candidate will be responsible for migrating complicated Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures to the Amazon PostGreSQL database.
- BS Degree in a related technical fields (Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
- Expert SQL developer with 5+ years of strong Oracle PL/SQL and software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
- Ability to write monitoring tools, familiarity with MQ, and KAFKA topics
- AWS PostgreSQL database experience is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2 is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
- Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
Prefered Experience and Skills
- Prior working knowledge with EDIFACT messages
- Exerience with Enterprise Search Techologes (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or others)
- JExperience with Java applications development using XA transactions and Spring Boot framework
- Experience deploying and managing application in Docker environment
- First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
- Prior experience of working in field of entity resolution or analytics
- Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
- First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
- Ability to develop and maintain components with stringent performance requirements
- Agile development experience a plus
- This is a Highly techninal position.
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.