SAIC is looking for a Stock Clerk to support the US Navy in Bedford, IN.
- This category includes occupations concerned with preparing and arranging materials and products in bulk and non-bulk forms for distribution or storage; moving and loading or unloading equipment, materials, and products; operating or tending pipelines pumps and valves to transfer liquids; driving forklifts and related material-handling machinery and equipment; and using scoops, hand trucks, and wheelbarrows to load and move materials.
- The Stock Clerk receives, stores, and issues equipment, materials, supplies, merchandise, foodstuffs, or tools, and compiles stock records of items in stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
- This worker sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoice, examines stock to verify conformance to specifications, stores articles in bins, on floor or on shelves, according to identifying information, such as style, size or type of material, fills orders or issues supplies from stock, prepares periodic, special or perpetual inventory of stock, and requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
- This worker also compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments, may mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles, may distribute stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued, may make adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock, and may cut stock to site to fill order.
- Plans, develops and implements programs to coordinate physical distribution, order fulfillment, inventory management and control, and contract management activities.
- Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties; may work out of a central warehouse.
- Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting.
- Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements.
- Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment.
- (Un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- Develops and administers production plan and schedules as they relate to material and product flow inbound and outbound to ensure customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives.
- Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and four (4) years’ experience or Associates and two (2) years related experience.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security clearance.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.