Job Description: SAIC is hiring a Cybersecurity Specialist to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. In this role you will be focused on performing Malware Analysis for the Corp of Engineers, using COTS/GOTS and custom tools & processes/procedures.
Location: This work is 100% remote form anywhere in the Continental United States.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce detailed reports outlining the characteristics and functionality of malicious files, including signatures that may be used for future identification as well as an association to other known malware.
- Effectively communicate highly technical information to clients and management.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and provide guidance and support to other members of the Cybersecurity divisions
- Support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and 2+ years of IT experience; Will also consider a high school diploma and 6 years of relevant IT experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active Secret Security Clearance
- Must have one of the following certifications:
CCNA Cyber Ops
- Experience in the analyzing malicious software using industry approved tools and techniques common to malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Solid understanding of and experience with several operating systems (e.g. Windows, ChromeOS, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Experience with mobile-specific malware, and interest/experience in digital forensics or incidence response (Nice to have)
- Passion for security research
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.