We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Sr. Software Engineer/Developer to join our team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC Federal Systems.
You will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include: biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join our team so you too can contribute in making our borders even safer than they are today.
Day to day activities:
- Active member of the software development team participating in the daily stand-ups.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications
- May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field is required and 10 years of experience or equivalent.
- Distributed system design and development with Microsoft C# .NET environment, as well as use of other C/C++ languages
- Agile development soft skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn new technology stack, hardware/software aspects and apply different technologies for problem solving
- Delivery mindset
Other Technical Skills (Desired):
- OpenCV/Image Processing/Face Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Middleware and User Interface driven applications
- Multi-threaded applications; Exception handling
- Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
- Web Services development Ideal Skills:
- node.js / NPM / Yarn
- SASS, LESS and CSS Skills
- HTTP(S) stack
- Webpack, Babel, Polyfill, etc.
- .NET Core 2.x
- ASP.NET Web API, RESTFul HTTP Programming
- EF Core
- Code First with Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Git, Git Tools and SVN
- Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
- Nice to have:
- PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Docker and Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Mobile platform development
Minimum Clearance Required:
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
- U.S. Citizenship Required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.