Job ID: 2110536
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 17, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a new DNS Engineer to join the team. This position can worked 100% remote.
How would you like to develop the next generation Internet Infrastructure and cyber solutions for defending the Internet with a zero trust solution? Full time senior level engineer with proven and advanced work experience in DNS and BGP networking. The project involves providing unprecedented levels of security, resilience, and capacity through the delivery of next-generation Cyber and Internet solutions. Will manage DNS and BGP Internet Services platform and data exchange with other applications. Will work on command line scripting to achieve results and provide demonstrations. Will develop automation and logging for detection of data flow issues. Engineer will direct technical activities for Next Generation DNS and BGP offerings, lead technical team, and interact with government and commercial clients.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience; experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Candidate must be senior level and have the following skills and abilities:
· Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network infrastructure protocols TCP, BGP, and DNS
· Operating Systems: experience in Linux and scripting
· Skills in C with knowledge of other languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc.
· Excellent knowledge of both relational databases, and flat databases.
· Ability to document requirements and specifications and to write and implement testing.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred, or equivalent.
· Support customers with deployed networks/platforms.
· Candidate will be asked to demonstrate proficiency and mastery of methodologies and fundamentals.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Telework is accepted
· US Citizenship required.
· Clearance is not required, but should be clearable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.