- Responsible for developing secure coding guidelines and best practice documentation for custom developed applications as well as ensuring the guidelines are followed.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Produce and update secure coding guidelines and related documentation
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure secure coding best practices are followed
- Collaborate with development teams to support remediation of software vulnerabilities
- Provide coding guidance to ensure best practices are continually followed and issues addressed.
- Conduct assessments of custom applications and related code to identify risks
- Perform general security policy development/maintenance and audit compliance support
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years of direct experience supporting secure coding practices.
- Hands-on experience with application security scan tools such as IBM AppScan, HP Fortify, HP WebInspect, WhiteHat Security, or AppDetectivePro
- Experience with open source Pen Testing software, such as Kali or Burp Suite
- Familiarity with Asp.net, C#, VB.net, Java/J2EE, CF, or C++
- Demonstrated understanding of web application and database security
- Knowledge of software/application hardening OR input validation testing OR SQL injection testing a PLUS!
- Strong technical background in software security design/implementation and data protection
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consulting style skills to interface with staff, developers, and customers
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.