SAIC is hiring a Technical Help Desk for a key role supporting a Federal Government client.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site in Salt Lake City,UT.
Note: This role requires that the person be flexible to work rotating-shifts in 24x7x365 call center environment.
Rotating-shiftwork is required, with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shift. Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK a 8 HR shift within the 1st/2nd/3rd shift options, and the shift options vary.
- Resolve technical problems (Tier 1) and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Applies basic enterprise diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintain and updates records and tracking databases.
- Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- Documents all customer interactions within a ticketing system.
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide customer support through various contact methods such as phone, chat, email.
- Respond to customer support requests in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests.
- Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers as required.
- Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests.
- Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request.
- Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected or added to.
Required Education and Experience
- High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification; OR Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and one year related experience
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to obtain a CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE, or Security+ CE certification after start date.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance. Able to start once Interim Secret is granted.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols
- Customer Service orientated
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Able to solve technical issues via telephone, email, and chat.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.