Job ID: 2110400
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Civilian Markets Group in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Tech Dispatch team, responsible for onsite support of incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved remotely by Service Center Staff. In this role you resolve, track, and manage escalated technical problems within Remedy. Travel may be required to support remote FAA sites that do not have local technicians assigned.
• Installs software, modifies settings, and replaces hardware as required to resolve the incident.
• Resolves desktop and network issues to restore service.
• Understands premise wiring/cabling best practices.
• Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
• Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of IT equipment – deployment through exchange/disposal.
• Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
• Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High School Diploma Or GED and 4 years of experience
AA (Associates) Degree and 2 years of experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Technical proficiency in supporting desktop, server, printer, and network equipment.
• IT Certification(s)
• HDI Certification(s)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.