SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative program. These Engineering Professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise. The Engineering Professionals possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a SE&I Professional you will provide System Engineering services across all Engineering disciplines critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Provide analysis and leadership to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches.
- Conduct modeling and simulation analysis as needed
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of program baseline
- Provide expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TEAM MEMBER POSITIONS:
- Capability Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Requirements Engineer
- Configuration Manager
- Mission Analyst
- Agilist / Scrum Master
- Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Specialist/Expert
- Risk Management Specialist
- Schedule Management Specialist/Master
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience implement agile software development techniques
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.