Job ID: 2110269
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2021
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a dedicated and expeienced Staff Officer to provide onsite support for NGA's Chief Data Officer (CDO). The primary duties include using their expertise to execute, manage and provide administrative support for the CDO and the NGA data management program. They will coordinate with information officers within the CIO-T Directorate, along with other NGA wide Groups/Offices with a focus on IPD/Q/S and A on all aspects of Data management (ensuring compliance with data management law, policy, guidelines, etc.) as data Management Facilitator. They will support the CDO in the execution of various tasks which require vision, leadership and proficiency in problem identification, analysis, resolution, communications, process improvement, and competency in business services. The Staff Officer also utilizes program management skills to organize and execute tasks against timelines.
Duties shall include:
- Identify, analyze, and resolve business and administrative issues and challenges that are central to the effective conduct of his/her activities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of NGA’s office management policies, procedures, records management, and guidelines.
- Provide process improvement recommendations and suggestions.
- Perform administrative officer duties to include scheduling, coordinating meetings, coordinating calendars and events; performing phone receptionist duties, and gathering, inputting, and retrieving electronic data.
- Support the primary suspense coordinator for all CDO tasking’s to include those from external agencies, internal offices, and staff packages.
- Analyze, track, and respond to Agency- and Group-level Action Items within specified and often abbreviated timelines.
- Prepare daily‘Read- Ahead’ Books for CDO.
- Assemble and process Staff Summary Packages, as needed, for CDO.
- Assist with Office staff meetings and provide administrative and coordination support to the forum; take notes and electronically record actions from key personnel as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of routine and special topic briefings and reports; prepares and distribute briefing reports and read-ahead material.
- Prepare travel plans and itineraries for Senior Government personnel to include DTS authorizations and vouchers; create and manage MET request for CDO.
- Compile, edit, and submit Weekly Activity Report(WAR) for CDO to CIOT and DNI when appropriate.
- Professionally interact with senior-level directors and/or agency heads.
- Demonstrate keen interpersonal and customer service, data gathering, analysis, effective management and organization, competent oral and written skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan and lead sub-tasks/projects.
- Create and Manage master data project plan from A/IPD/Q/Data corps
- Manage NGA key data initiatives aligned to Mission Imperatives and the Director’s Moonshot
- Document/Author/Manage IC CDO deliverables.
- Perform Data Catalog and Data Governance activities.
- Tactically and operationally focused to keep CDO Office running smoothly
- At least 5 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Applications to include Microsoft Project.
- Experience with continuous service and process improvement.
- Experience executing and completing rapid turn-around and short-suspense tasks.
- At least 5 years’ experience providing general or specialized administrative support to Intelligence Community or Department of Defense offices and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 11-14 years’ experience within the senior business administration executive field.
- Proficient in government systems (e.g. Defense Travel Systems, NGA Central Electronic Systems (NCERTS), Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS), NGA Management Execution Tracker System (MET).
- Experience using Microsoft Project Application.
- Data savvy person with a desire and hunger to learn all aspects of enterprise data management (Data ingestion, curation and presentation).
- Knowledge of Big data and Open source data sources.
- Knowledge of Data engineering.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.