SAIC is seeking a Cyber Training Development Engineer to join our team in support of our customer in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Work collaboratively in the development and presentation of course material for Industrial Control System/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (ICS/SCADA) cybersecurity course.
- The candidate will be skilled in manufacturing automation design, integration, troubleshooting, engineering, programming, and consulting.
- They will have some experience presenting material in a classroom environment.
- The candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and in team environments.
- They will be proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a high output environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent and 5 years of experience; Master's degree and 3 years of experience. Four (4) additional years’ of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years SCADA programming experience
- 3+ year of PLC / HMI programming experience
- 5+ year of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) operations, wiring, and configuration.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) operations, wiring, and programming.
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) operations, wiring, and programming.
- Experience with installation and implementation of process controls networks
- Familiarity with ISO 13849 Safety Standard
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety Requirements in the Workplace.
- Understanding of electrical control design principles.
- Proficient in IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages.
- Working knowledge of MQTT, Modbus, CAN, and equivalent device protocols.
- Proficient in advanced networking implementation, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of IDS, VPN, Firewall, etc. configuration and management.
- Working knowledge of OSHA/NFPA/NEC Standards and safety protocols.
- The candidate should have excellent programming and design skills in PLC, HMI, and SCADA control systems; and an intermediate knowledge in the ANSI/ISA standards.
- Ability to accomplish systems analysis tasks; and have advanced knowledge of control systems design.
- Background in reading electrical control schematics, developing sequence of operations and converting into automation code. The candidate should be capable of making advanced enhancements, troubleshooting and testing for existing applications.
- Computer Skills: Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Visio, AutoCad. PLC and HMI Languages: Proficient in one or more languages including Modicon Unity, Allen-Bradley Studio 5000, or Inductive Automation Ignition.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.