SAIC is seeking a Hardware Assurance (HwA) Systems Engineer to support the Strategic Technology Protection & Exploitation (STP&E) directorate within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) in the development and application of system security engineering and program protection for the Department of Defense (DoD) major defense acquisition programs (MDAPs).
The successful candidate will support program protection policy and guidance activities to protect the United States’ most advanced military technologies.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, review, and recommend HwA policy, guidance, training, and best practices that align HwA implementation across the DoD program acquisition lifecycle
- Engage with the Office of the Principal Director for Microelectronics and other OUSD(R&E) modernization area offices, to include JFAC and associated working group activities, to ensure alignment of HwA activities with policy and guidance
- Facilitate briefings to senior leadership and SMEs on program protection policy, guidance, and expectations, particularly in the area of HwA
- Serve as the OUSD(R&E) HwA policy and guidance subject matter expert (SME) to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and other DoD Components and United States Government stakeholders
- Review and provide recommendations on Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and other acquisition and requirements documentation for MDAPs on OSD oversight for appropriate inclusion and application of HwA policy and guidance
- Support the development, coordination, and implementation of program protection and HwA policy, guidance, standards, and lessons learned
- Develop and manage correspondence activities in support of the Congressional requirements to the National Defense Authorization Act, Government Accountability Office, Office of the Inspector General, national and DoD initiatives, etc. on the topic of HwA
- Support other tasks and areas of subject matter expertise related to program protection, to include the Trusted & Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program, anti-tamper, defense exportability features, and software assurance, to ensure HwA equities are addressed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering, or a related technical field
- 10 years of overall experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with defense acquisitions (e.g., systems engineering technical reviews (SETR)) or defense policy and guidance (e.g., DoD instructions, directives, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with senior customer relationship management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizational structure, OSD inter-office coordination, communication protocols, or policies and processes
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements, stakeholders, and environment
- Experience in planning and coordinating technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings and documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Experience with program protection, system security engineering, and/or US export policy (e.g., International Transfer of Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations)
- Experience with technical policy and documentation development or organizations
- Knowledge of DoDI 5000 series weapon system acquisition
- Knowledge of the Planning, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process
- Experience working in the defense electronics industrial base, management of technical system design or related areas
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.