As a Capture Manager you will work to build, qualify, and manage capture activities focused on enterprise wide pursuits. You will join the impactful Service Delivery Innovation team that is an integrated, horizontal, new business capture efforts. You will be responsible for maximizing the win probability on a wide range of opportunities through team leadership, strategic thinking, insightful action, and ultimate accountability. You will drive efforts to win new business while supporting keystone pursuits and resource allocation collaboration.
- Support capture teams across the enterprise, typically engaging in an opportunity at least 12-18 months before a Request for Proposal/Quote/Tender is issued.
- Work with our market Intel specialists to gather and analyze key insights and information about the client and the problems they are trying to solve, as well as information directly related to the procurement.
- Partner and sometimes lead development of the win strategy and identify resources needed to increase the win probability.
- Plan and coordinate critical capture activities including call planning, competitive analysis, and stakeholder analysis, solution development, staffing analysis, teaming, and pricing strategy (including engaging price-to-win as appropriate).
- Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture.
- Source teaming partners and negotiate teaming agreements and work share prior to RFP/etc. release.
- Work with the Solution Architects to develop a technical solution and any related demonstrations that are presented to the client.
- Develop and implement processes and produce specific deliverables used to ensure that insights gathered through capture are integrated into the resulting proposals, working in coordination with Corporate Growth’s parallel Enterprise Proposal Center as an advisor to the proposal phase, including serving as a color team reviewer.
- Nurture & sustain customer relationships that align with market growth and business development objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other enterprise resources to achieve successful execution of growth strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 15+ years’ experience as a Capture Manager in the Federal marketplace.
- 15+ year experience building capture plans, executing client call plans and shaping strategies in a collaborative team and matrixed environment.
- A proven record leading complex, multi-disciplinary capture teams focused on large opportunities and winning business of significant size (>$25 million), with emphasis on mobilizing diverse teams (e.g., interdepartmental, interdisciplinary) to shape solutions and develop win arguments.
- Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process and winning opportunities.
- A working knowledge of various procurement and contracting methodologies, contract types and procurement processes.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements.
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and cost proposals.
- Preference given to candidates with experience with current knowledge of HHS, DHS, and/or other civilian agencies.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.