Job ID: 2110151
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2021
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC currently has an opening for an Accounting Associate position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the Setup Department and various other areas within Financial Shared Services group.
This position will be responsible for end to end project setup activities including initial contract review, determining project setup requirements, and continued project maintenance. The responsibilities encompass the Costpoint system’s setup of the project with a major focus on the analysis of a program of various contract types including Cost Plus, Time & Material, Work-In-Process, Fixed Price, and Inter-Company. It is imperative that the applicant is aware that the department serves the internal customers as a mediator, as a knowledgeable expert regarding the functions of setup to include what inputs impact billing and revenue, and as a valued researcher from all points within the lifecycle of a contract.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of project setup activities. This includes understanding, interpreting, and analyzing less complex to intermediate level contracts and proposals in order to gather requirements to design a project setup configuration that meets billing, revenue recognition, reporting requirements, and various ad hoc duties.
Remote possibilities are available to candidates in the Reston, VA and Huntsville, AL locations.
• Financial contract analysis
• Creating and maintaining direct and indirect project structure/information
• Providing customer service in a timely manner
• Leading project setup meetings
• Collaborating with multiple functional areas at all leadership levels
• Analyzing billing and revenue issues and providing solutions that adhere to policy
• Resolving discrepancies and inaccuracies that will aid in proper billing to our external customers and revenue reporting to the SEC
• Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule and occasional overtime.
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or a related discipline is required.
• Prior experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.