Job Description: SAIC has an opportunity for a Windows System Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. In this role you will be supporting a Windows Server environment, primarily IIS applications.
Location: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
About the Program: The USACE RITS contract will provide modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the CONUS and OCONUS. Services will support the mission needs of USACE’s Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- With advanced knowledge and appreciable latitude in decision-making, provide infrastructure support services for USACE operating systems, workstations, and servers in accordance with USACE’s cloud migration strategy.
- Manage and maintain existing infrastructure, to include MS Windows IIS servers; ensure systems and applications operate seamlessly.
- Coordinate, direct, and perform software installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and version currency and refresh of infrastructure and devices.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with most current vendor release levels.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels and cybersecurity standards.
- Monitor and maintain all hosted servers for potential-for-error conditions requiring preventive maintenance, and ensure ongoing security patch deployment.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Provide Apache webserver/website administration and integration support with application teams to ensure that the hosting platform can adequately and securely support the application configuration and workload.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of System Adminstrator experience.
- Will also consider a High School Diploma and 9 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience supporting a Windows environment with both physical and virtual servers (example: VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience hardening WIndows and IIS servers, and ensuring STIG compliance.
- Experience with requesting/installing SSL certificates.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Interim DoD Secret Clearance is required for this position, with ability to obtain a full DoD Secret. SAIC will process an interm clearance for a qualified candidate.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: Active and Current IAT-II (e.g. Security+) is required to start work on the contract
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.