SAIC is looking for a Team Lead, Senior Proposal Coordinator to join our proposal team. This is a working manager position responsible for managing a team of proposal coordinators, as well as supporting proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. This role is a hybrid of remote work and onsite. When supporting unclassified deals, the work can be performed remotely and when supporting classified deals, the work is onsite. Candidate needs to be located in the DC metro area. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise/manage in-house proposal coordinator staff through training/mentoring, establishing performance goals, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Manage assignment of in-house proposal coordinator staff to a dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with Proposal Development Center leadership to develop/propagate proposal process and toolkit items. Coach proposal coordinators on the implementation of process/toolkit items on proposal efforts.
- Provide proposal coordinator training to ensure consistency across all proposal coordinators and ensure that all processes are consistently followed.
- Assists proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals and Government solicitations.
- Assists proposal managers in maintaining the proposal schedule, configuration control of proposal files, planning/control documents, and baseline outlines in accordance with the RFP and the proposal review process.
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts, authors, capture managers, contracts managers, and production staff to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
- Supports proposal managers with proposal collaboration tool support, user access, artifact population, and backup.
- Serves as the interface between the proposal team and production staff and provides guidance and status reports to the proposal manager on production matters.
- Identifies and proactively helps resolve major writing and production problems.
- Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing, and reproduction activities throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Works closely with the proposal manager and color review chair to support reviews with management and internal subject matter experts, including setting up reviews, sending review invites/notices, preparing review materials, and merging review comments.
- Assists the proposal manager in reviewing proposal artifacts for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation requirements.
- Serves as backup to the proposal manager when he/she is not available to host stand-up meetings or answer questions.
- US citizen with an ACTIVE Secret security clearance and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years or more of related experience; Masters Degree and 8 years or more ; or additional years experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience as a team lead or manager of a small team.
- Experience mentoring personnel and new hires on coordination roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the preparation/maintenance of proposal management artifacts (e.g., outline, compliance matrix, schedule, and proposal cross-reference matrix).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while meeting assignment demands.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and Adobe Professional.
- Local to the DC Metro area.
- Active TS clearance
- Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center (VPC).
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.