Job ID: 2110206
Location: AURORA, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced network systems engineer and administrator with background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. Must have excellent speaking, listening and written communication skills. Team oriented and customer focused attitude is critical due to multiple networking locations and varied U.S. Government end users.
- Maintain all components of computer network software including software licenses, software version updates, anti-virus software, firewalls, routers, switch configuration as required
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, run diagnostics, document problems and solutions, prioritizing fixes, and assess current and future impact of issues
- Monitoring and generating data analytics focused on improving network throughput performance
- Communicating networking issues to internal team as well as Gov't Lead. Provide documentation and technical specifications to leadership for planning and implementing new or upgrades of end-to-end networking software and hardware.
- Training and educating new users
- Occasional on-call work after normal work hours (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field. Relevant years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly required
- 5+ years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Redhat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Strong customer Communication skills
- Project management skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.